Chief State Prosecutor of the Republic of Kosovo, Aleksandër Lumezi, was born on August 5, 1964 in Prizren. He graduated from the Faculty of Law on April 13, 1989 at the University of Prishtina. He passed the Jurisprudence Exam on April 25, 1991. In his Masters Studies of Criminal Law, he has passed all the exams provided by the relevant program and is preparing for the diploma thesis.
• Chief State Prosecutor
21/04/2015 - currently;
Proposed by the Kosovo Prosecutorial Council and appointed by the decree of the President of the Republic of Kosovo. The term of office of the Chief State Prosecutor is seven years. The Chief State Prosecutor is the Chief of the Office of the State Prosecutor.
• Chairman of the Kosovo Prosecutorial Council
21/04/2015 to 14/01/2016 (ex officio);
• Member of the Kosovo Prosecutorial Council
14/01/2016 – present (ex officio);
• Member of the Board of Financial Intelligence - Ministry of Finance
21/04/2015 - present (ex officio)
• Member of the Board for Public Safety - Kosovo Police Academy
21/04/2015 - present (ex officio);
• Member of the Managing Board of the Academy of Justice
04/04/2017 to present (ex officio);
According to Law no. 05 / L -095 on the Academy of Justice
• Chairperson of the Managing Board of the Academy of Justice
04/04/2017 to 25/09/2020 (ex officio);
Appointed by members of the Managing Board of the Academy Justice
• Chairman of the Committee for Passing the Jurisprudence Exam, questioner in the subject:
15/03/2018 to 15/03/2020;
Proposed by the Ministry of Justice and elected by the Assembly of the Republic of Kosovo
• Chief Prosecutor of the Appellate Prosecution
01/01/2013 to 20/04/2015;
• Chief Prosecutor of the District Prosecution Office in Prishtina
29/06/2010 until 31/12/2012;
• Acting Chief Prosecutor of the Municipal Public Prosecution Office in Prishtina
16/07/2008 to 28/06/2010;
• Deputy Chief Prosecutor in the Municipal Public Prosecution Office in Prishtina
21/03/2005 to 15/07/2008;
• Prosecutor in the Municipal Public Prosecution Office of Prishtina
01/09/2000 until 03/20/2005;
• Professional Associate at Lawyer’s Office of Nikë Lumezi
01/03/1994 to 31/03/1996;
• Judicial Intern at the District Court in Prishtina
01/11/1989 until 31/10/1991.
Chief State Prosecutor, Aleksandër Lumezi, has participated in many scientific and professional trainings and conferences, both at the local and international level. He speaks Serbian at an advanced level and speaks English at an intermediate level.
Aleksandër Lumezi lives and works in Prishtina, is married and has two children.