Chairperson of the Kosovo Prosecutorial Council
Date of birth:
Place of birth:
Biti e Poshtme municipality of Shtërpce
Married, four children
Faculty of Law, Pristina
Jurisprudence Exam, Pristina
Exams for Judges and Prosecutors with Reforms, 2009-2010, Pristina
Regional Center for Political and Diplomatic Studies, Tirana
Master of International Relations and Diplomacy
PhD In Law-majoring in Criminal Justice
Mayor of Strpce Municipality
Member of the Kosovo Judicial Council since 11 February 2008
State Prosecutor in the Basic Prosecution Office from December 2012 in Ferizaj
Member of the Committee for Normative Acts in the Kosovo Prosecutorial Council, 2013-2018
Member of the Prosecutorial Council and Chair of the Committee on Normative Issues, 2016-2018
Trainer at the Academy of Justice - continues, Pristina
Lecturer at the European College "Juridica" from September 5, 2011 - continues, Pristina
Lecturer in the college “Gjilani”, Gjilan
Foreign Legal Expert at the Ministry of Justice from July 23, 2012, Pristina
Member of the Assembly of Kosovo in the Third Legislation (2007-2011), Pristina
Functions in the Assembly of Kosovo and the Government of Kosovo:
Chairman of the Committee for Legislation and Legal Issues in the Assembly of Kosovo
Permanent Secretary at the Ministry of Public Services of the Government of Kosovo, 6 November 2002 - 11 November 2005
- Mediterranean Journal of Social Sciences, Vol.5, No 19 August, 2014, ISSN 2039-9340, MCSER Publishing, Rome- Italy. Subject: “Nature of Certain Criminal Acts against the Property, foreseen by the Kosovo Legislation Overviewed by Material Target”;
- International Journal of Academic Research and Reflection (IJARR) ISSN 2309-0405, Birmingham United Kingdom. Subject: “Corruption and Fraud As Forms of Economic Crime and as an Impediment to Economic Development In Kosovo”;
- Scientific magazines "Juridica" European College. K.D.U.34, Pristina, 2013, topic: "Criminal offense related to tax evasion in the customs area - Misleading deviation from payment of obligations".
- Illyria International Review, ISSN 2192-7081, Pristine, 2011. Subject: “The influence of March 2004 events in the resolution of the final status of Kosovo”;
- Legal Journals "Justicia", Kosovo Judicial Institute, year 2012, no. 4, Pristina, co-author's theme: "Trademarks";
- International Conference Lumen 2014, 10-12 April, Lasi Romania, subject: “Comparative Aspects of Criminal Legislation for Criminal Offenses in the Field of Economy in Kosovo and some European Countries”, publication in Procedia Social and Behavioral Sciences, volume 149, 5 September 2014, ISSN 1877-0428;
- International Academic Conference in Czech Institute of Academic Education z.s, Prague, Czech Republic. Subject: “Nature Of Certain Criminal Acts against the Economy in the area of customs by Kosovo legislation - particular overviewed by material target;
- International Scientific Conference “100 Years of Justice and Doctrine”, 9 May 2013, in Tirana, Albania. Subject: co-author: “Development of Penal and procedural Legislation Prior and After The Declaration of Kosovo Independence”;
- Interstate Conference on Economic Crimes held on October 14-16, 2013, The Hague-Netherlands. Subject: "Violation of Intellectual Property Rights";
- International Scientific Conference: "State of Law and Democracy, State University of Tetova, 2014, topic:" The nature of several offenses in the economic-financial field oriented to the material object;
- International Scientific Conference: "Higher Education, Massivization and Its Challenges towards European Integration", October 26-27, European University of Tirana, 2012. Theme: "Development of education in Kosovo and Albania followed with legal infrastructure, comparative aspects, challenges and problems, "published in Educatio 2 Vol 2, No.2 / June 2013, ISSN 2305-6614
January 10-17, 28 June-4 July 2004: EU Training at the College of Europe, Natolin and Warsaw
20-24 October 2003: Human Resource Management at the Vienna Diplomatic Academy; Vienna;
1-4 December 2003: Public Sector Management, Estonia;
16-20 July 2003: Covered Skills Training and Management Organizations, Module 4, Faculty of Public Administration, Ljubljana, Slovenia;
May 19-23, 2003: Training on Policy Making, Module 3, Faculty of Public Administration, Ljubljana, Slovenia
24-28 February 2003: Seminar for Permanent Secretaries of the Government of Kosovo, School of Administration of Rome, Rome.
2 April - 8 June 2007: Development of interactive training materials, participatory communication, dynamic workshops, modern human resources and management (Title of qualification from the Human Resources Management Program), where was obtained the title of the trainer of the trainers of civil service).
Phone: 038 200 17 504
Address: Rr. “Luan Haradinaj”
The State Prosecution Building
Born on November 1, 1968, in Junik
Resident in Prishtina, married, father of four children
- Primary school has completed in "Edmon Hoxha" school, in 1983, in Junik.
- Agricultural High School completed in 1988 in Prishtina
- Faculty of Law completed in 1999 in Prishtina.
- He has passed bar exam in 2004 in Prishtina.
- Secretary at the Elementary School "Edmon Hoxha" in Junik, (November 1999 - August 2002)
- Intern at the Public District Prosecutor's Office in Peja, (August 2002 - July 2003)
- Professional Associate in the Public District Prosecutor's Office in Peja, (April 2004 - May 2008)
- Political Adviser for Legal Affairs of the Minister of Justice (May 2008 - June 2010)
- District Attorney and Serious Crimes from July 2010 to March 2013
- Prosecutor in the Special Prosecution of the Republic of Kosovo, from August 2013 to 14.01.2016
- 14.01.2016 - 14.01.2019 Chairman of the Kosovo Prosecutorial Council.
Chief State Prosecutor of the Republic of Kosovo, Aleksandër Lumezi, was born on August 5, 1964 in Prizren. He graduated from the Faculty of Law on April 13, 1989 at the University of Prishtina. He passed the Jurisprudence Exam on April 25, 1991. In his Masters Studies of Criminal Law, he has passed all the exams provided by the relevant program and is preparing for the diploma thesis.
- Chief State Prosecutor
21/04/2015 - present;
Proposed by the Kosovo Prosecutorial Council and appointed by the decree of the President of the Republic of Kosovo. The term of office of the Chief State Prosecutor is seven years. The Chief State Prosecutor is the Chief of the Office of the State Prosecutor.
- Chairman of the Kosovo Prosecutorial Council
21/04/2015 to 14/01/2016 (ex officio);
- Member of the Kosovo Prosecutorial Council
14/01/2016 – present (ex officio);
- Member of the Board of Financial Intelligence - Ministry of Finance
21/04/2015 - present (ex officio);
- Chairman of the Steering Council of the Academy of Justice
04/04/2017 - present (ex officio);
Elected by the members of the Steering Council based on Law no. 05 / L-095 on the Academy of Justice
- Chairman of the Committee for Passing the Jurisprudence Exam, questioner in the subject: Criminal law
15/03/2018 to 15/03/2020;
Proposed by the Ministry of Justice and elected by the Assembly of the Republic of Kosovo
- Member of the Board for Public Safety - Kosovo Police Academy
21/04/2015 - present (ex officio);
- Chief Prosecutor of the Appellate Prosecution
01/01/2013 to 20/04/2015;
- Chief Prosecutor of the District Prosecution Office in Prishtina
29/06/2010 until 31/12/2012;
- Acting Chief Prosecutor of the Municipal Public Prosecution Office in Prishtina
16/07/2008 to 28/06/2010;
- Deputy Chief Prosecutor in the Municipal Public Prosecution Office in Prishtina
21/03/2005 to 15/07/2008;
- Prosecutor in the Municipal Public Prosecution Office of Prishtina
01/09/2000 until 03/20/2005;
- Professional Associate at Lawyer’s Office of Nikë Lumezi
01/03/1994 to 31/03/1996;
- Judicial Intern at the District Court in Prishtina
01/11/1989 until 31/10/1991.
Chief State Prosecutor, Aleksandër Lumezi, has participated in many scientific and professional trainings and conferences, both at the local and international level. He speaks Serbian at an advanced level and speaks English at an intermediate level.
Aleksandër Lumezi lives and works in Prishtina, is married and has two children.