KPC approves a series of important institutional acts
Prishtina, 21 July 2020 - Under the measures of protection from pandemic and through distance communication, the Kosovo Prosecutorial Council (KPC), chaired by its chairman, Bahri Hyseni, has held the 183rd Meeting in a row.
Initially, members of the Kosovo Prosecutorial Council held a minute of silence in honor of the life and work of the Prosecutor of the Basic Prosecution of Gjilan, Ismet Ukshini, who died this weekend from the COVID-19 virus.
After that, the regular agenda was processed, in which case the Regulation on the administration of cases through the electronic system in the Office for Protection and Assistance of Victims and the Administrative Instruction on the management of public money spending in the Kosovo prosecutorial system were approved.
Also, the following KPC has approved two reports:
- Report for the period January-March 2020 of the National Coordinator for Combating Economic Crimes and
- Report on the evaluation of the performance of two prosecutors with initial mandate, whose names will be sent to the President for decree of permanent mandate.
During this meeting, the standard procedures for conducting investigations and criminal prosecution of human trafficking were approved, while the transfer for another year for one (1) prosecutor from the Basic Prosecution of Ferizaj to the Basic Prosecution of Mitrovica was continued, and while within the four processes of promotion of prosecutors, prosecutors have been promoted, as follows:
- Two (2) prosecutors of the Basic Prosecution in Prishtina from the General Department to the Serious Crimes Department of this Prosecution,
- One (1) Prosecutor of the Basic Prosecution in Ferizaj from the General Department to the Juvenile Department of this Prosecution,
- One (1) Prosecutor of the Basic Prosecution in Ferizaj from the General Department to the Department for Serious Crimes of this Prosecution and
- One (1) Prosecutor of the Basic Prosecution in Mitrovica from the General Department to the Juvenile Department of this Prosecution.
In conclusion, a hearing was held for the disciplinary procedure against one (1) prosecutor of the Basic Prosecution in Prishtina.